It's been a while since we have provided an updated on our Club Plans, so this week is the perfect time to tell you what's coming next and more about the amazing events we have coming up! We'll also give you an early insight into our plans for 2023.
There is still time to sign up for the incredibly exciting event with Watches of Switzerland focussing on the Omega Watches of James Bond. This is in partnership with Britain's biggest James Bond collector, and will feature props, memorabilia and watches from the Daniel Craig films. You are welcome to join us anytime from 5:00PM on Wednesday, October 12th, but you must sign up.
- There'll be plenty to look at, watches from the latest Omega range to try on, and three short talks to help you explore more about the world of Omega watches and James Bond.
- You can sign up here.
This month we are also hosting two further exciting events;
- On Thursday 20th October we are having our first event solely for Women who are interested in watches. There are now enough women who come to our events to allow us to put on an event just for them, and we'd greatly appreciate it if you could highlight this event to anyone you know who might be interested. It'll follow our usual fun, friendly and informative Meetup structure, and whether you are new to watches or a seasoned collector, it'll be a great chance to come and learn more about the watch world. Sign up here.
- On Thursday 27th November we are hosting a small and intimate event with IWC Schaffhausen. We have only 12 spaces for this so if you are interested let us know ASAP by signing up here.
A Photo from our event with Watches of Switzerland in April, which was a fantastic success.
We have a fun and varied series of events lined up for November, including with Bremont, Breitling and Oris, and a day at WatchPro Salon, where we'll be hosting tours of the show for our members.
We'll help you get up close and personal with as many watches as possible, from the simplest dive watches to the finest handmade timepieces.
- Bremont Mayfair Store: November 10th
- WatchPro Salon: November 12th
- General Meetup: TBD,w/c Nov 14th
- Oris South Molton Street Store: November 24th
Co-Founder Hamish giving a short informative talk at one of our General Meetups
The Watch Shortlist
The Holiday Season is coming up and you might be thinking of buying someone a watch as a gift, but you aren't exactly sure what to buy them. We can help! Fill in our short online form and we will send you a list of watches that fit what you've asked for. It's called The Watch Shortlist, it's completely free, and we have had great feedback on the watches we recommend. If you'd like to try it, you can find it here.
Try The Watch Shortlist for yourself or for a gift.
Finally, we have mentioned it a few times already, but we will be undertaking a fundraising round over the next few months. This is to enable us to build the Club further in 2023, with the main goal of launching a paid membership. We always want your feedback so if you have any thoughts or ideas around this please let us know! We will also be conducting some more deliberate surveys to find out what you will find most useful and valuable from a watch club.
The best thing you can do for us right now is to tell people who might be interested in our events, bring them along, and spread the word. We are here to provide accessible, fun and friendly events focussing on watches. If you know of any event partners who might like to work with us, please let us know or put us in touch with them.
Thanks for helping us build such a fun Club, we hope to see you at an event soon,
Hamish & Ed
The WCC Co-Founders Hamish and Ed at our recent successful event with Bremont in Birmingham.